Sunday, March 20, 2011

The S Word

Ok, there is something different about my pictures today . . . . . . There is this kind of brightness to them. What is it you ask? Yes, the SUN shined (I think this word should be shone but it didn't sound right, so I went with shined) in western Washington yesterday. Well it's a good thing because my bags were packed and in the trunk of my car and I was going to head east!


My day started off with a 20 mile run with 2 of my favorite running friends, Heidi and Tammy. This is us after we were finished running in the sunshine. I think we look pretty good considering we just ran that far.


Then it was off to Lacrosse at Auburn Riverside High School (turf fields - sweet!) Matt's game was at 1:30 pm. We played UP (University Place - that's in Tacoma) and tied 8 -8. It was a great game. We lead the entire first half. We sort of fell apart during the third quarter and they went up on us. We came back with 2 goals in the fourth to tie it up. Good game and the SUN shined!

Windin' up for the whip shot.

A typical picture of Luke.

Wait. . . . .
Wait . . . . .
Wait . . . .


Luke Funkhouser's face. And his good buddy Cedrik with 'the pose'.


This is me and my boyfriend . . . .his name is Tate!


Spectators at Matt's game Yes, the sun is still shining and yes, that's Lucas' face again. There is my cute boyfriend again, and his cousin Cedrik and his big brother Keenan. Cedrik plays with Luke and Keenan plays on the 3rd/4th grade team. My boyfriend is not old enough to play yet. Yes the sun is still shining.


Matt takin' the ball out.


Matt sized up against #81. He was a big boy. Can you see the sun shining down on Matt's helmet?


Luke played right after Matt's game at 3:30 on the same field (how lucky is that?) They lost 9-4 against UP as well. UP has a huge team, they were gynormous. Luke is #23.



Luke trying to take down #60. He was their key player. Nice D Luke!

That's coach Mark right behind Luke.

Walking off the field after the loss. #7 is Luke's very good friend Gavin.


Luke and I stayed after his game and watched Kari play for the girls team. She is the goalie. They won 10-5. It's a completely different game. No contact and a completely different set of rules. I was so confused, but the sun was still shining, so I didn't care about the confusion.


After Kari's game we felt like we hadn't gotten enough lacrosse in for the day so we went home ate, put on some more warm cloths and headed to the high school boys lacrosse game in Puyallup at Sparks field at 7:30. Awesome game, we came from behind to beat Puyallup 15-13. The sun had gone down.

No comments: